i-Lipo is a revolutionary product that is changing the way that people look at body contouring. Under the skillful direction of our medical team at A Younger You, this laser sculpting device has the ability to reduce the appearance of cellulite and fat. The effectiveness of i-Lipo is backed not only by physicians but also by multiple clinical studies.
What is i-Lipo?
For men and women who are interested in eliminating excess fat without recovery or downtime, i-Lipo is the smart alternative to getting liposuction. During the procedure, low level lasers are used to smooth out the appearance of cellulite, body fat, and help you contour your body in ways other nonsurgical treatments cannot.
i-Lipo takes advantage of photobiomodulation. This process triggers chemical signals within the fat cells, causing them to release their stored fatty acids and glycerol through channels in the cell membrane. The fatty acids and glycerol that are released travel through the tissues in your body where they are metabolized and used to create energy.
Is i-Lipo Safe?
The process of releasing fatty acids into surrounding tissues is what your body naturally does when it needs to access your stored energy reserves.
During the i-Lipo process, none of your body’s surrounding structures, such as the skin, nerves, or blood vessels, are damaged. To get the most from this treatment, we encourage you to engage in post treatment exercise. This will speed up the rate at which your body metabolizes the fatty acids that are released and provides longer-lasting fat loss results.
Will i-Lipo Hurt?
Our goal is to provide you with a treatment that is effective, safe, and painless. Throughout the process, a red laser light will be used to create the bio stimulation needed to encourage your fat cells to release their fatty acids. The treatment is well-tolerated. It can be performed on people regardless of their skin type, and it can be performed on any part of your body where fat is stored. You will be able to go back to your normal activities right away once the treatment is complete.
What to Expect during the Procedure
i-Lipo treatment can be easily administered by our medical team and you will be made comfortable throughout the treatment process. The entire treatment is quick and easy. In most cases, it can be performed in less than 30 minutes.
The majority of our patients require eight sessions. These sessions are performed twice a week. This allows them to complete the entire treatment session in just four weeks. We typically only treat one area per day, allowing your body time to metabolize the fatty acids and glycerol that is released by your fat cells.
Once the treatments have been completed, it is important for you to maintain a healthy lifestyle in order to keep the results. We may recommend suggestions on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle once your treatment protocol is complete.
Contact A Younger You today to schedule a consultation and find out more about this revolutionary treatment for ridding your body of stubborn fat.
Procedure Preparation Guidelines
Being successful with the i-Lipo red laser light therapy requires that the client is in good general health and that their ability to process waste (liberated fat cells’ contents) is not impaired (i.e. liver, kidney and/or bowel dysfunction). If these two things are in check, then the red laser light therapy works for everyone without any additional things added to the protocol. To further help optimize your results, we have designed a program that ensures you to process the most liberated fat most efficiently (which give you the most inches lost and most weight lost) and enables you to completely reshape your new slimmer body during your treatments and for years to follow.
For a minimum of 3 days (up to 7 days) prior to your first session:
If at all possible, when you drink, please drink water only – refrain from soda, caffeinated beverages and alcohol. The body recognizes water only when it is plain water (Tea and juice are not water). Drinking 64 oz. a day and/or ½ your body weight in oz. is optimal.
Limit intake of sugars, breads, pastas and heavily processed grains (especially white sugar and white floured carbohydrates). We suggest a Paleo type diet which can be found in any bookstore and online. Make sure you are or have been having regular bowel movements daily. Smooth move tea found at most grocers is a good way to get things moving. Seeking a professional who specializes in digestive health or colon therapy may be needed if issue is chronic and not being resolved.
For a minimum of 2-Hours prior to your first session:
- Drink at least 16 oz. of water
- Do not eat any heavy food or within an hour of treatment
- Do not apply any lotions or make-up on areas that will be treated (it is easiest just not to apply anything the morning of.
The list of suggestions below have been found to optimize your Red Light Therapy results!
- 500mg of “non-flush” Niacin (B3-inositol hexaniacinate/hexanicotinate) every morning & evening, (great for energy and weight loss)
- 1,000mg of Milk Thistle every morning & evening (is a natural Liver support, detox and helps to control blood sugar levels).
- 500mg of Magnesium (good for constipation, heart and diabetes issues). Best source in supplement form is Magnesium citrate.
- 2,000mg of Vitamin C (ascorbic acid or any ascorbate capsule or powder, Ester-C tablet – no gummies or chewables) Eat lots of dark green leafy vegetables for the best source of vitamin C. If you supplement vitamin C make sure to have adequate vita D for vitamin C absorption.
- Hydration is key to optimal cellular function and critical to the success of this procedure.
- Drink a minimum of 64 oz. (up to ½ oz. of water per lb. of body weight) of water each day (alkalized water is best for optimal results) We recommended alkalized water because it separates clusters of cellular material thus enabling your body to flush the waste easier. This type of water (pH of 8.0 and above) has been proven to facilitate hydration faster than any other fluids.
- We highly recommend that you discontinue the use of coffee or other caffeinated beverages during the course of the program because they are a diuretic and cause dehydration. If you feel that you must have coffee, please keep your intake to a minimum or switch to a lower caffeine content beverage green tea, yerba mate or Zevia soda. To compensate, drink twice the amount of water compared to the amount of caffeinated beverage consumed. For instance, if you had one cup of a caffeinated beverage, you should drink two cups of water to re-hydrate your system.
- Each alcoholic beverage alters liver function for about an hour, making it unavailable for processing your liberated fat. For best results, avoid alcohol, fatty foods, ibuprofen, acetaminophen, and other substances which put a strain on your liver. Alcohol is also a diuretic and is highly caloric (a 12oz. beer, 5oz. wine or 1.5 oz. spirits is 100+ calories). Try to keep your alcohol consumption to an absolute minimum (complete abstinence would be preferable). If you do consume an alcoholic beverage, try to rehydrate by drinking one 8oz glass of water for each alcoholic drink. Again, this would have to be in addition to the eight -8 oz. glasses of water that you should drink each day.
- Lymphatic Stimulation – The fatty material released by the fat cells will be processed by the lymphatic system. Therefore it is critically important to help promote lymphatic system mobilization. There are several ways this can be achieved. The most basic and effective is light to moderate exercise. Clients must maintain a regular workout routine consisting of walking for 30 minutes every day or theequivalent. Light exercise at the gym will also be beneficial, as will a series of lymphatic massages Mini rebounders (mini trampolines) have been proven to stimulate the lymph. 5-10 minutes a day can make a world of difference in your overall health. Cypress essential oil also stimulates the lymphatic system.
- Compression Garments – Wearing compression garment(s) dramatically assists the lymphatic system
to process the liberated fat and also aids in reshaping your body. If you do not currently own compression garments (i.e. medical compression garments) they can be purchased at some Bed Bath & Beyond and fitness areas at Target or online.
Under Armour can be purchase at most retail stores.
- Food Intake – The client should be under no misconceptions that undergoing red light therapy is a
means as an excuse to increase your food intake! We also recommend that you go on a low-carb/sugar with voiding bad fats such as deep fried foods and processed meals. Goods fats are healthy for you but should be eaten in moderation. (avocado, nuts and coconut/olive oil) This allows your kidneys, liver and lymphatic systems to more effectively purge the excess fat as it is converted to energy. We recommend a diet consisting of five meals per day totaling 1200 calories
(limiting your caloric intake is advised because your body will be processing the liberated fat as energy).
- Exercise following a treatment will enhance results. We recommend thirty minutes of exercise with target heart rate reached.
This protocol is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This protocol is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
A Younger You is located in Burlington and Brookfield in Wisconsin. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and find out more about i-Lipo.